Friday, April 22, 2011

My Bloom Day

I know that garden bloggers have a specific day of the week they call bloom day... but I can't remember which day that is so today is mine! I really want to share the pictures I've taken recently in my garden but I don't feel much like writing... So today is bloom day!


My first California Poppy (Eschscholzia something) from seed, sadly it had closed by the time I took the picture.


Right in the middle, the first little bud on... my baby blue eyes? Maybe... (Nemophila something. A bud counts for bloom day right?


Buds and aphids on my seedling Red Horned Poppy (Glaucium corniculatum), grown from seeds I took from the one I bought from Annie's Annuals last year.


Buds on my red princess lily (Alstroemeria).


Beautiful pink carnations (even if the plant itself looks quite ragged)


Heuchera Sanguinea


Lavender Sancho Paza (Lavandula)


Blue Marguerite Daisies (Felicia amelloides)


Nemesia, in bloom year round.


Soon to be red Freesias from bulbs that I planted this winter.

Now my roses, all of them came with the property so I don't know their names but I love them now. I used to hate roses for their thorns but these are so simply beautiful. These are the three currently blooming, three more colors are still just buds.




Then in front of this last rose, is the far to tall for where it is, my Geum.

It's about 3 feet tall now from less than 1 foot when I planted it. After I've fixed up other areas of the yard I'll move this baby over to the left where it won't block my rose anymore.


Lastly, my long awaited iris. There are more than a dozen buds on them now and still not a single opened flower. But I finally know what color it will be.

2 comments:

  1. Your roses are beautiful and I would love to see the Iris in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Garden Bloggers Blmom Day (GBBD) is on the 15th of every month hosted by May Dream Gardens. You don't hace to write much ... just show your blooms! Please join in next month, they will LOVE your blooms - your roses and carnation are outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete